Tuesday, September 18, 2012

He's Still the One


It’s hard to believe that 14 years ago today my love and I tied the knot in Horry County, SC of all places. After a low-key ceremony at the County office, with both sets of parents in attendance, we spent a couple of days in Myrtle Beach before flying off to Bermuda for our honeymoon.


Myrtle Beach, circa 1998
 
As neither one of us had ever reached a double digit anniversary in our previous marriages, the fact that we’re past that mark is still pretty amazing to us. 

It’s actually really amazing to me that David has put up with me this long. It’s not every day that you find a guy that will endure someone who can exhibit her share of OCD tendencies, have no math aptitude, is highly accident prone, an inveterate list maker, a bookworm, frequently acts like a 10-year old (in the best possible way, of course) and is a fan of Notre Dame football (to name just some of my weird ways).

But fortunately for me, he brings everything I could ever hope for to our partnership: a dry sense of humor, ironic wit, math skills galore, a designer’s eye to everything, incredible skills for woodworking and stained glass, a sound moral compass, an open mind, and a truly loving heart. And in spite of the fact that he is a ardent Michigan football fan, I can’t imagine being with anyone else.

Yes, I found Mr. Wright both literally and figuratively, have never been happier, and can’t wait to see what the next 14+ years bring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment